I am a reflective person, as anyone who knows me can attest to, sometimes to the point of positively annoying others! As a kid I was called, "too sensitive," and described as "she thinks too much."
Today I use that as a strength as I brainstorm all the things I am grateful for:
- My loving kids, Nick and Stef
- My best friend and husband, Don
- My siblings, though spread across the country, still close in my heart
- My job: a place I get to live my mission of working with and inspiring kids
- My coaching/tutoring job: where I learn so much and share with older kids finding their way as learners
- Creativity: as it leads me to endless possibilities and solutions for my life and others dear to me
- Writing: as it has opened my heart and mind freeing me from my own cage of self-restrictive thoughts
- Living in a beautiful place: though I must work a lot to afford it, I am grateful to live near the ocean
- God : a very personal belief so I will stop and not try to explain
- Collaboration: I have recently written to people in Positive Psychology sharing my thoughts and admiration for their work.
- Knowing my mission in life and having meaning.
- The loving partners my kids have chosen to share their lives with
- Wonderful memories of my mom who I miss so much
- Music that enlivens my soul
- I think that will be it for now.. as this will be a work in progress :-)
- What are you grateful for today?