Saturday, April 11, 2009

Savoring the Simple Moments

It was a beautiful blustery sunset tonight. I had planned to jog on the beach but the wind made it a bit difficult and I chose to walk instead. Slowing down and not being on a mission to "exercise" certainly gave me the chance to savor the moment. I decided to open my senses to all of the sights, smells, and sounds as I walked toward the sunset along the beach. Dogs frolicked, their owners smiling and saying hello as I smiled at them. Children danced in and out of the water, screaming gleefully as they dipped their toes in the rushing water. Serenity found me as I smelled the salty ocean, marveling at an otter swimming parallel to me as I walked along the beach. I shot a few pictures, took some deep breaths and stopped to listen to the ocean roar louder as I closed my eyes for a few moments. I was completely at peace.
I am pledging right now to make sure I savor more of these beautiful moments. They are most certainly a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of comments, please email joanmancini@yahoo.com so I can add you to the list.